Assistant Investment Product Manager
Location: Hybrid- Toronto
Empire life is looking to hire an Assistant Investment Product Manager to join our Investments team!
Why pursue this opportunity
Our mission - make insurance, investments and benefits simple, fast and easy for our customers.
Join a transforming business - we are a medium-sized Canadian company in a stable industry which is rapidly transforming.
The opportunity - collaborate with cross-functional teams and work on a variety of projects that will keep you engaged and continuously learning.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion - we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and welcome candidates who share this commitment.
What you’ll be working on
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with members of the Portfolio Management team
- Provide performance reporting on all Empire Life investment mandates to internal and external audiences
- Support the development and delivery of competitor investment analysis reports to provide Portfolio Managers, Retail Investment Product and Marketing, and Retail sales teams with insights and analysis of the investment fund landscape
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge regarding Empire Life funds, investment fund competitive landscape, and capital markets to support Portfolio Manager, Retail Investment Product and Marketing, and Retail sales team inquiries
- Leverage investment expertise to build content for Portfolio Manager presentations and conference calls to support both external and internal audiences
- Assist with composing quarterly fund and investment commentaries
- Provide data support to the Retail Investment Product and Marketing team to develop and enhance Retail investment marketing materials and strategic marketing campaigns
- Support regulatory reporting relating to all Empire Life investment funds
- Support internal teams in the investigation and resolution of third party reporting data issues
- Respond to investment-related enquiries from internal and external sources
Beyond the salary
For regular full-time positions, Empire Life offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive salaries with annual pay increases
- Annual bonus program, which recognizes both strong company performance and individual contributions
- Competitive uncapped commission for sales positions
- A comprehensive employer-funded benefits package that includes life insurance, disability, health and dental and a generous health account
- Flexible work arrangements and an annual allotment of personal health days.
- Four weeks annual vacation from hire date
- A defined contribution pension plan with generous employer matching
- Top up programs for parental leave and compassionate leave
- Employer-sponsored wellness and recognition programs
- A cash employee referral program
Get to know us
Empire life is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and welcome everyone to participate in our application process. We encourage those of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, even if you don't believe you meet each unique qualification outlined. Applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Empire Life welcomes applications from people with disabilities and disabled people. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the screening and selection process. If you need this job posting in an alternative format or have any accessibility questions, please contact [email protected]
Required Skill / Experience
What we're looking for you to have
- Strong understanding of capital markets, investment management and the competitive fund landscape
- Problem solving ability and analysis skills involving investigations, interpretation of data including analyzing trends and ability to formulate compelling marketing narratives
- Ability to translate analysis into written reports and presentations to promote products
- Experience or knowledge with Morningstar Direct, Advanced expertise in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel; graphing, tables, calculations to process and automate data, and PowerPoint to build and update Portfolio Manager presentations
- Completion of a University Degree
- 1-3 years of experience in asset management industry with a focus on retail investment funds
- Enrollment or completion of the CFA program
- Strong research and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a track record of working effectively in a team environment with a high degree of accuracy, integrity and professionalism
- Strong relationship building, communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve desired results
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks or projects
- Completion of CSC and IFIC courses an asset
- French language skills considered an asset
- Experience with Python, VBA, Excel macro programming considered assets
If you are applying for a position which is open to applicants across Canada, unless otherwise indicated in the position, language proficiency in English is required for communicating with customers, advisors, or employees across Canada.