At Fiera Capital
We invest in creating a culture of purpose that makes our people feel valued, cared for, seen, and heard. Our approach to employee experience is tailored to your needs and ambitions:
- Your Inclusive Experience: We are committed to cultivating an inclusive, safe, and trusting work environment.
- Your Growth & Empowerment: We have ambitious growth goals for our firm, which makes us a great place to advance your career.
- Your Rewards & Recognition: We deeply value our people and their contributions and that’s reflected in our competitive compensation and benefits packages and our collaborative culture.
- Your Wellness Your Way: We strive to create a healthy work environment and we offer programs designed to support our employees’ wellbeing.
What we are looking for:
The Analyst, Global Fixed Income will actively collaborate with the Global Fixed Income team, being part of the Active & Strategic Fixed Income Team (ASFI) team. The Analyst will work closely with Portfolio Managers to ensure timely and accurate fundamental and quantitative analysis across the global fixed income spectrum: Sovereign, Corporate Investment Grade and High Yield, Emerging Market Debt, Infrastructure debt and securitizations.
The role exists to support the team and improve the analysis coverage of various issuers to maximize risk/return potential of investments, leading to more alpha generation for the strategies.
As part of your duties, you will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Conduct fundamental credit analysis including making investment recommendations on assigned credit issuers and specific sectors;
- Document and report on credit analysis and relevant news to the Fixed Income team;
- Meet with corporate management teams, investment bankers and analysts;
- Make investment recommendation and monitor current risk budget of bonds strategies tied to sectors of responsibility;
- Provide general team support for corporate bonds.
- Assist the team in generating and gathering various market and strategy information for reports, presentations, and general inquiries.
- Evaluate fixed income securities in a way that is consistent with the highest fiduciary and professional standards of prudence and integrity.
- Seek out investment opportunities to maximize the total return of our funds subject to the specific fund’s investment objective and rigorous control of risk.
- Participate in the improvement and development of risk monitoring tools.
Required Skill / Experience
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, or a related field
- M. Sc or MBA, an asset
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an investment or financial services position
- Experience in analyzing fixed income securities including corporate investment grade and High Yield, Emerging Market, and securitization.
- Excellent research skills including an attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity, and an analytical mindset
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Microsoft Office suites
- Bilingual candidate: English and French