Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are recruiting a 12-month contract in the Portfolio Design & Construction group of the Total Fund Management department from May 2024 to May 2025.
The Total Fund Management (“TFM”) department is responsible for the successful implementation of the Fund’s investment framework. These activities are focused primarily on the Strategic Allocation, our long-term vision for the intended composition of the investment portfolio composition. TFM also works on the total Fund daily investment cycle, including all the processes, systems, and data needed to structure the investment portfolio in response to the on-going flow of cash and exposures into and out of the Fund. TFM consists of six groups: Portfolio Design & Construction; Exposure, Leverage & Liquidity Management, Trading; Applied Research and Models; Strategy; and Business Management.
Portfolio Design & Construction group (PD&C) is responsible for determining the optimal risk targets and setting the tactical and strategic asset and factor allocations for the CPP fund. As part of these core activities PD&C is recruiting a quantitative professional to support the integration of climate change into the Strategic Allocation process.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Research: contribute to research on the effects of climate change on asset pricing and present findings to key stakeholders including TFM’s research and investment committees
- Portfolio Construction: Design and develop models and tools to translate climate data into financial metrics and support strategic asset allocation decisions.
- Fund-wide Climate Change Initiatives: Engage with groups across the organization (e.g., Chief Sustainability Officer and Risk) to enhance the integration of climate change into the Fund’s investment framework.
- Project Management: Prepare research proposals, memos, presentations, and workplans to help communicate the climate change research process.
Required Skill / Experience
We look for candidates that have a strong track record of academic success while balancing extracurricular activities and have good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills. Additionally, the most successful candidates often proactively combine their enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated interest in climate change and investing.
If you posses the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Finance, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- 2-3 years of work experience in finance or a related field
- Domain understanding of climate change and its impact on asset pricing
- Proficiency in programming with Python, Matlab, or VBA and MS Office Applications
- Experience in statistical and/or time series analysis is considered an asset (e.g., data collection/processing and backtesting)
- Exercises good judgment and focused on delivering practical solutions.
- Adapts to changing priorities and comfortable working under tight deadlines.