Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Listed Real Estate, the Analyst or Associate is accountable for assisting the Listed Real Estate team in the identification, evaluation and analysis of public real estate investment opportunities. The role can be based in either Toronto or New York.
What you will do:
- Examine and analyze potential listed real estate investments, using financial models and a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical tools
- Build dynamic financial models to analyze investment opportunities and perform detailed valuation analysis of listed real estate companies and REITs
- Compile industry and market data to identify emerging trends and assess potential investment opportunities
- Remain current on market and industry developments to help frame investment strategies
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of Investment Committee memoranda; participate in Investment Committee discussions
- Participate in the monitoring and management of the investment portfolio through formal semi-annual reviews and other informal meetings
- Compile data and financial information as needed to assist in managing the listed real estate portfolio
- Benchmark investment performance and prepare reports for senior management
- Collaborate as needed with teams across real estate, public equities and other business areas
- Willingness and interest in working across multiple real estate sectors and geographies
- Other relevant duties and projects as assigned
Required Skill / Experience
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience in real estate and / or investment management; prior experience in public real estate is preferred
- Relevant experience may include asset management, valuation, investment banking, equity research or similar; strong accounting knowledge would be an advantage
- Undergraduate business, finance, real estate, engineering or economics degree – B.A., B.S. or equivalent
- CPA, CFA or CFA Candidate would be an advantage
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills (DCF and financial modelling)
- Solid understanding of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint), Bloomberg and other financial data portals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to build working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to apply consistent investment judgement and to discern and focus on what is important
- Team player who enjoys a high performing culture
- Demonstrated adaptability, flexibility and initiative
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Desire to learn, express opinions and be inquisitive
- Exemplify our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-KB1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
All employees in the Toronto, New York, San Francisco, Mumbai, Sydney, Hong Kong, and Sao Paulo offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.