WCM is currently seeking volunteer Ambassadors for its Alberta Steering Committee (Calgary-based). The Ambassadors must have a strong commitment to the mission, strategies, and work of WCM. The Ambassador will report in to the Co-Chairs of the Steering Committee and appointed WCM Staff. Steering committee members will act as WCM ambassadors locally, by promoting and participating in WCM initiatives and cultivating a strong and diverse local network.
This ambassador will be a part of the Post Secondary Student Sub-Committee which will focus on offering events & networking opportunities for young women in Post-Secondary schools in Calgary.
- Attend Steering Committee Meetings every 6-8 weeks.
- Act as WCM Chapter ambassador by promoting and participating in WCM initiatives, programs and events, and leverage your network to raise the profile of WCM.
- WCM is specifically seeking volunteers to lead the following initiatives:
Post-Secondary Student Committee: The volunteer will work in conjunction with WCM staff, and other Steering Committee members to plan programming and events that are impactful, relevant to the local audience, and in line with the goals of WCM. We look to partner with campuses to bring our brand into campus through hosting our own events and taking part in events led by student associations. Volunteers must be comfortable taking ownership of the event ideation, planning, and execution, a minimum of 2 events per year
Required Skill / Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience within the financial services industry
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders and volunteer committees
- Strong organizational skills and deadline-oriented
- Conceptual skills and intellectual insight as it relates to diversity and inclusion
- Previous experience as a WCM volunteer and attended past WCM events is an asset