At Raymond James, we develop, we collaborate, we decide, we deliver, and we improve together.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealers offering high-quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
How Does The Role Impact The Organization?
Raymond James, Canada’s leading independent investment dealer, is seeking Financial/Investment Advisors who are keen to develop their career at one of our branch locations through our Advisor Internship Program (AIP). The Raymond James AIP is a comprehensive and demanding career development training program designed to provide an opportunity for individuals who have been in the financial services industry for at least 3 years to build and grow their own successful advisory practice. Candidates will join the firm as a Financial Advisor, and will be responsible for building their own book of business. The AIP is a 36-month training and development program that focuses on expanding the advisor’s existing level of knowledge of business building strategies and successful advisor practices. The AIP is conducted as an interactive program that includes a combination of classroom training, online learning, mentorship, and individual as well as group coaching.
What Will Your Role Be Responsible For?
The primary responsibility of an Advisor is to provide clients with advice on financial matters with a total wealth management perspective. Advisors will build relationships with high net worth individuals and families through various prospecting methods, (including but not limited to outbound calling, social media, in person networking, webinars and seminars, direct mail campaigns and various other sales and marketing methods). The role involves understanding the needs of clients, then providing appropriate options and solutions to best meet those needs. While there are asset-gathering minimums in each of the first, second, and third years, new advisors should aim to grow their assets under administration by $8 -10 million in each of year one, two and three; while continuing to properly service those clients who are already engaged with the practice.
What Can You Expect From Us?
Our most important investment is in our people. Upon eligibility, Raymond James Ltd offers [AL1] and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include Health Benefits, Paid Time Off, Volunteer Days, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! AIP provides access to industry leading coaching, in depth training on how to develop and grow a book of business and one to one trainee support. We also encourage and support community involvement. [AL1]The benefits removed are not available to AIP
How to Apply:
Please apply online at the link below for each city:
At Raymond James – we honor, value, and respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal-opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Here at Raymond James we demonstrate our commitment to ensuring equal opportunities for all candidates. To request accommodations, candidates are instructed to contact Human Resources via email at [email protected]. By reaching out to this email address, candidates can communicate their specific requirements and discuss the necessary accommodations they may need to participate fully in the recruitment process.
Required Skill / Experience
What Do We Require From You?
- University degree and/or related working experience in business, finance, economics, commission sales
- A minimum of 3 years full-service brokerage and/or financial industry-related experience
- Must be registered (or eligible to be re-registered) with CIRO in Province of Residence as of date of hire
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) (valid & completed within the last 3 years)
- Successful completion of the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH) (valid & completed within the last 2 years) (note this may be required to be completed once employed by a CIRO regulated firm)
- Experience with using various prospecting methods to gain appointments
- Knowledge of investment products and services
- Proven finance, sales and entrepreneurial skills in an advice capacity to persons of influence
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship-building skills are required to build strong, positive, and trusting client relationships
- Well-developed presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information and ideas to clients.
- Upon hire, the Raymond James AIP training program and classroom session(s) must be attended and successfully completed
- Fulfillment of CIRO continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis
What Other Talents Would be Helpful In This Role?
- Successful completion of the 90-Day IIROC Licensing Training Program (valid & completed within the last 2 years) – If not already RR licensed with CIRO, you will be required to complete this course upon entrance to AIP.
- Comfortable working within a fully commissioned environment and dealing with targets
- Excellent time management and organizational skills sufficient to meet multiple and conflicting deadlines in a high pressure environment; and
- Ability to learn quickly and make sound, timely decisions
- Successful completion of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or equivalent is an asset
We encourage our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm