We are committed to providing undergraduate students with opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to our diverse and inclusive culture. BMO’s Zero Barriers to Inclusion 2025 is a multi-year strategy focusing on providing access and opportunities both inside and outside the bank. Driven by our Purpose to Boldly Grow the Good in business and life, we are committed to removing barriers, and building an inclusive society through equity, equality, and inclusion. This scholarship rewards exceptional undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career in banking and financial services.
- There are 10 scholarships available: each in the amount of C$10,000
- Scholarship recipients also receive an offer of paid employment for a 15-week Summer Analyst intern position at BMO Capital Markets in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, or Vancouver in 2024
- Recipients will be paired with a Capital Markets professional to provide coaching and mentorship throughout their internship
- Students receive formal and on-the-job training, opportunities to network and collaborate with other student interns, and access to ongoing professional development throughout their internship
Individuals who self-identify as members of the following:
- Black community
- Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) persons of Canada
- Person of Colour
- 2SLGBTQ+ community
- Persons with Disabilities
- Students at an accredited Canadian University in full-time undergraduate studies graduating in December 2024 or April 2025
- Students from all academic programs including and not limited to Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM)
- Students available to work full-time from May-August 2024
- Strong academic record with minimum GPA of 3.0
- Canadian citizens, permanent resident of Canada, and individuals who are legally eligible to work in Canada up to and including September 2024
What roles are available?
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst Intern
- Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Intern
- Global Markets Summer Analyst Intern
- Global Markets Quantitative/ Developer Summer Analyst Intern
Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Intern
What’s in it for you?
- Summer Analysts start the internship by completing a one-week training and orientation program
- During the next 15 weeks, you will gain valuable experience and exposure to a wide number of industries and sectors
- Beyond the on-the-job experience, the program encourages interns to network across various business groups, learn about BMO Capital Markets culture, participate in training seminars, get feedback, and receive coaching and career guidance from dedicated mentors while broadening your skills
- Upon successful completion of this internship, you may receive a full-time offer for BMO Capital Markets Investment and Corporate Banking
What will you do?
As a Corporate Banking Analyst at BMO Capital Markets, you will gain valuable exposure to different portfolios and client sectors.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Processing client requests (e.g. new credit facilities and extensions and/or amendments to existing credit facilities)
- Completing annual/interim credit reviews, which include industry and financial analysis comprising of operating performance, cash flow, leverage, coverage and liquidity, and capital-at-risk and other regulatory capital calculations
- Monitoring performance of portfolio companies against credit terms and conditions and identify changes in the financial condition of a client
- Preparing presentation materials and relationship profitability assessments, which involve liaising with other product and industry groups within BMO Capital Markets
- Performing other duties including industry and company-specific research and ad hoc projects for senior management
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Required Skill / Experience
What are we looking for?
Talented, highly motivated individuals who seek to build a solid, comprehensive foundation in the basic skills of corporate banking.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate with a graduation date of December 2024 or April 2025;
- A minimum cGPA of 3.0/4.0;
- Minimum of two finance and accounting classes with grades “B” or higher;
- Outstanding academic, achievement and peer recognition;
- Demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities;
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills;
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills essential for presenting and writing reports;
- Detail oriented;
- Fast learners able to work with limited supervision and adapt to frequent market, systems, and process changes;
- Outgoing and personable; team player able to work effectively in small groups;
- Knowledgeable in the principles of finance and the financial markets;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Previous banking or credit risk management experience preferred.