At Fiera Capital
We invest in creating a culture of purpose that makes our people feel valued, cared for, seen, and heard. Our approach to employee experience is tailored to your needs and ambitions:
Your Inclusive Experience:
- We are committed to cultivating an inclusive, safe, and trusting work environment.Your Growth & Empowerment.
- We have ambitious growth goals for our firm, which makes us a great place to advance your career.
- Your Rewards & Recognition: We deeply value our people and their contributions and that’s reflected in our competitive compensation and benefits packages and our collaborative culture.
- Your Wellness Your Way: We strive to create a healthy work environment and we offer programs designed to support our employees’ wellbeing.
What we are looking for:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Active and Strategic Fixed Income group (ASFI), a leading fixed income team with over $22 billion in assets under management and a strong track record in managing fixed income strategies.
Under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income (Head of Infrastructure Debt), the Senior Analyst will assist in the management of various infrastructure debt investments. More specifically, the successful candidate will have responsibilities conducting detailed credit analysis, modeling of rated and unrated investments and making investment recommendations to portfolio managers. In addition, you will contribute to the portfolio management process of existing infrastructure debt mandates and support the development of new mandates.
As part of your duties, you will be assigned the following responsibilities:
Fundamental Credit Research and Deal Origination
- Conduct initial review of investment opportunities and make recommendations to Portfolio Managers
- Participation in credit committees and presentation of investment recommendations
- Perform detailed credit analysis including review of deal documentation, technical/financial reports, preparation, and review of financial models
- Participate in meetings with corporate executives and project management teams, investment bankers, sell-side, and rating agency credit analysts
- Prepare credit summaries and recommendations derived from fundamental and relative value credit analysis
- Assist in deal structuring and negotiations
- Actively monitor portfolio holdings to ensure projects are performing to expectations
Marketing and Servicing
- Assist in the preparation of marketing materials for investor presentations
- Data compilation, market review and opportunity assessment to support business needs
- Support existing client relationships by responding to requests for information and participation in client meetings as required
Required Skill / Experience
- 2-5 years of experience in buy-side/sell-side credit research, investment banking or similar field. Experience with Infrastructure, energy, and/or project finance is strongly preferred;
- Experience in ESG and responsible investing frameworks is an asset
- Demonstrate an understanding of portfolio management processes and investment policies;
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and finance principles;
- Strong analytical and modeling skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office particularly Excel and PowerPoint (Programing/VBA skills is desirable);
- Strong business acumen with excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication in English
- Fluency in French is an asset;
- Attention to detail, time management and ability to work under pressure both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to build relationships.