Why you’ll love working here:
- high-performance, people-focused culture
- our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
- learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
- competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
- membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
- access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
- virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
- we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
- the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
Reporting to a Managing Director, HOOPP Capital Partners, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the HOOPP Capital Partners (“HCP”) investment team. This person is a key member of the team and is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to enable the efficient and seamless operation of the team and department. The Administrative Assistant will work in close collaboration with the Executive Assistant, HOOPP Capital Partners, providing coordinated team-based support for the HCP team.
What you will do:
- Liaise with internal and external parties to coordinate meetings, calls and conferences.
- Booking on-site meeting rooms and/or virtual meetings, and greeting guests when applicable.
- Daily calendar management for the team as required.
- Plan and book travel arrangements for the team, ensuring adherence to HOOPP’s travel policy.
- Prepare expense claims for the team and process other departmental expenses as required, ensuring accuracy and adherence to HOOPP’s expense policy.
- Organize and schedule recurring team meetings and internal investment discussions, including preparing agendas in consultation with HCP team
- Assist in planning and organizing off-site team events such as strategy sessions, social events
- Maintain files and confidential records
Established in 1960, the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) is a multi-employer defined benefit pension plan for Ontario's hospital and community-based healthcare sector. We serve more than 419,000 members who provide valued healthcare services at more than 624 employers across the province. At HOOPP, we exist to provide a stable and reliable pension for our members that starts in retirement and is paid for life. As one of Canada's largest and most respected pension plans, HOOPP's net assets reached $114.4 billion at the end of 2021 and our funded status remained strong and stable at 120%.
HOOPP's core values - professional, accountable, collaborative, compassionate and trustworthy - guide our every interaction with our members, employers and employees. We've become one of Canada's leading pension plans by consistently challenging ourselves and embracing innovation.
From our unique investment management approach to our innovative technology and thought-provoking research, we constantly seek to push the boundaries, and we do this by hiring passionate, forward-thinking people.
Our high-performance culture is founded on collaboration, respect and belonging. HOOPP is an equal opportunity employer and we're proud of our diversity. We select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Should you require accommodation because of a disability during the recruitment and selection process, please contact our Human Resources team at [email protected] We will be happy to consult with you so that arrangements can be made for reasonable accommodation.
Required Skill / Experience
- University or college education or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years administrative support experience in a corporate business environment
- 3 - 5 years’ experience working in a financial services environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail/accuracy, commitment to thoroughness and timeliness
- Proficiency in corporate software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe, SharePoint, MS Teams) and video conferences (Teams meetings, Zoom)
- General research skills (beyond internet searching)
- Strong prioritizing and organizational abilities (demonstrated experience in multi-tasking and co-ordination, with an ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities and deadlines)
- Collaborative and a strong team player with "can do" attitude
- Resourceful, creative and solution-based approach to problem solving
- Sound professional judgement, and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision