WCM's Commitment to Anti-Racism
Racism and social injustice have no place in our workplaces or our world. As an organization that works to accelerate equality and inclusion in the financial industry, we stand in solidarity with all marginalized groups and have and will continue to work hard to dismantle systemic oppression and inequalities that are far too prevalent in our society.
We commit to fighting harder. We commit to doing better. We are committed to participating for the long-haul, ensuring this movement is not just a moment in time.
To start, here is a preliminary renewed list of commitments we pledge to make collectively as an organization and as individuals on the WCM team.
- Continue and accelerate our own educational journey by listening and learning from the experiences of Black people.
- Amplify the voices of Black people in the finance industry by profiling lived experiences and sharing content on our platforms.
- Continuing our initiatives to encourage the hiring and equal treatment of Black people in finance.
- Use our platform to educate, share anti-racist knowledge and progress conversations and learning among our members, sponsors and audiences.
- Deepen our partnerships with Black not-for-profit organizations and those that work toward a more diverse and inclusive world.
We call on all of our members and professionals in the finance industry to join us on this journey to fight against systemic racism and injustice of all kinds.
We encourage you to ask yourselves the questions we have been asking at WCM:
- How do you plan to support the anti-racism movement in a way that is meaningful, real, and long-lasting?
- How do you plan to educate yourself? What do you want to learn more about?
- What can you commit to?
To us, gestures of performative activism and optical activism are not enough. It is important to know the difference between these gestures and actions that have a tangible and lasting impact.
Please let us know if there's anything you would like to see from us in order to better champion this movement. For your feedback, please contact us at email@example.com.