WCM Report | The Parent Potential
An overview of parental and family leave policies, experiences and best practices in Canada's finance industry
WCM's Parent Potential report is live!
- How do firms in Canadian finance stack up when it comes to parental leave policies?
- What types of experiences are professionals having on parental leaves?
- What's stopping fathers from taking equal parental leave?
The report presents the parental leave policies of 23 financial institutions, summarizes the experiences of 183 men and women financial professionals, and provides recommendations for firms and leaders to improve the leave experience and uptake for all genders.
Companies that recognize the value of supporting working parents - and the steep cost of losing them - will win by retaining top talent, keeping them engaged and performing their best.
- Women are taking parental leaves more than twice as often as men.
- Women's parental leaves are on average seven times longer than men's.
- When it comes to practices, procedures, and culture that surrounds these policies, men and women have a similar level of satisfaction with the process leading up to parental leave.
Read all the findings in the report by clicking below.
5 Reasons Canada Should Have a National Child Care Program
Affordable, accessible and high-quality child care is necessary and long-overdue infrastructure to achieve gender equality and equity.Read more