Opportunity at WCM: Marketing & Program Manager
Job Title: Marketing & Program Manager at WCM
Full-Time| Suggested years of experience: 1- 3 years
Location: Downtown Toronto
Application Deadline: Monday, April 15, 2019
Ready to make a positive impact with your work? WCM is seeking a Marketing & Program Manager to join our team and contribute to our mission of driving gender equality in Canada's finance industry.
Women in Capital Markets (WCM) is seeking a highly organized, creative, proactive and enthusiastic individual to join us in our mission to accelerate the progress of gender diversity across the financial industry in Canada. This is an opportunity to be part of an engaged team that is united in its vision for gender equality in our workforce, leadership, and economy. Reporting to WCM’s Director of Marketing & Engagement, this position is responsible for the daily management of WCM’s marketing and communication channels, performance analytics, research activities and will support the implementation of WCM’s marketing and brand strategies. On the programming side, the role will report into WCM’s Chief Strategy Officer and will be responsible for the coordination and execution of WCM’s student programming and volunteer committees. You are a strong independent worker as well as a team player and thrive in an environment where you are able to work on a wide range of projects.
About Women in Capital Markets (WCM)
We are the largest network of professional women in the Canadian financial sector and the voice of advocacy for women in our industry. Our 2,000 members are diverse professionals in all segments of capital markets and related financial services. We work with our partners, members and the broader public to promote initiatives that successfully increase the economic empowerment of women and move the dial on women’s representation and participation across Canada's finance industry. Please visit wcm.ca for more details.
● Under the direction of WCM’s Director of Marketing & Engagement, support the development and execution of WCM’s Brand Strategy and Marketing strategies
● Manage WCM’s communication channels, including social media channels, newsletter and e-Blasts, WCM’s website, as well as specific campaigns, and report on performance via analytics
● Responsible for planning, running and overseeing WCM’s student programming in accordance with WCM’s Student Strategy
● Expanding the reach and impact of WCM’s programming
● Act as the primary contact and liaison between WCM and its student volunteer committees and ensure alignment with WCM’s objectives and adherence to governance
● Develop strategic relationships to support student initiatives
● Identify growth opportunities and assist with idea generation for relevant and innovative future marketing and programming initiatives that align with WCM’s strategic objectives
● Support the expansion of the reach and impact of WCM’s marketing and programming, and expand WCM’s membership base
● Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
● Responsible for the execution of event and program marketing, including eBlasts, social media plans, video / written recaps, post event eBlasts, etc. Attendance at some WCM events will be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
● Education, a bachelor’s degree;
● Experience managing social media accounts and campaigns;
● Understanding of audience engagement strategies;
● Experience with research and writing;
● Experience planning events &/or programs;
● Demonstrated leadership skills and/or experience leading a team or committee.
● A demonstrated passion for gender diversity and inclusion;
● Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills;
● Ability to collaborate within a team environment;
● Ability to multi-task seamlessly across projects;
● Excellent time management and organizational skills;
● Demonstrated professionalism.
Skills considered an asset but not mandatory
● Previous work experience in capital markets or understanding of finance industry;
● Knowledge of or experience in website management, knowledge of html;
● Graphic design experience and knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver;
● Experience with email marketing programs (like MailChimp and Constant Contact);
● Demonstrated experience writing blog posts, articles, essays, and other publications
● Experience designing and launching digital programming and education
● Knowledge of or experience using Google Analytics and other analytics to measure content performance and draw conclusions;
● Experience managing volunteer teams;
● Evidence of engagement at the student level, leading clubs, conferences or events at the university.
How to Apply
No cover letter is required. To apply, please send your resume and your answers to the following four questions (max 150 words per question) to [email protected] to the attention of Katie Squires-Thompson and McKenzie Taylor.
1. With regards to gender diversity, do you believe in equal opportunities or outcomes?
2. What is the most interesting article you have read on women in the workforce recently and why?
3. What’s an example of one social media post that you think would be relevant to WCM?
4. What would be three improvements you would propose to WCM’s social media management (any platform).
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.