WCM Announces 2019 Emerging Leaders Program Recipients
TORONTO, August 12, 2019 Women in Capital Markets (WCM) announces the 2019 recipients of the Emerging Leaders Award Program. As one of our flagship programs, Emerging Leaders is designed to support the professional development and retention of high potential mid-level women with five to ten years of capital markets experience. This program offers recipients the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills, build a broader industry network, and plan for career advancement. In 2019, we are pleased to have 31 women from across Canada participate in the program. Since the program's inception in 2014, 116 women have advanced their careers from the Emerging Leaders Program.
Congratulations to the 2019 award recipients:
- Kaylee Arnold, Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets
- Lauren Bellai, TD Asset Management
- Anna Brighton, RBC Capital Markets
- Cheryl Cheung, Manulife
- Brittany Clarke, CIBC Capital Markets
- Emily Coolican, RBC Capital Markets
- Lisa Deakin, HSBC Bank Canada
- Ghenima Djellout, National Bank Financial
- Erin Garner, Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets
- Lynne Gleave, CIBC Capital Markets
- Josie Ho, TD Securities
- Rebecca Hogan, BMO Capital Markets
- Martina Irinkov, CIBC Capital Markets
- Lauren Looi, CIBC Capital Markets
- Sandra Malcolm, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Tarah Masniuk, CIBC Capital Markets
- Stacy McBurney, Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets
- Elizabeth McCord, BMO Capital Markets
- Kelly McKenna, CPP Investment Board
- Shirley Miller, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Kristina Miner, TD Securities
- Sara Ng, Manulife
- Nicole Persad, CIBC Capital Markets
- Kuleen Raj Kathuria, BMO Capital Markets
- Janet Richardson, Manulife
- Elizabeth Saati, Manulife
- Kay Schonberger, RBC Capital Markets
- Karina Simone, CIBC Capital Markets
- Kowshika Thiruparanathan, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Erin Urquhart, RBC Capital Markets
- Meng Ye, RBC Capital Markets
With the support of Felix Global Corp., WCM’s coaching partner, and our corporate sponsors, the 2019 award recipients will join a six-month integrated leadership program that runs from September 2019 to March 2020. This comprehensive program offers in-depth personality assessments, both personal and group coaching, skill building and access to numerous tools set to develop leadership skills that will enable the enhancement of participants professional careers.
“Congratulations to the award recipients, all of whom are incredible women with impressive skill-sets. The Canadian financial industry, especially our sponsor firms, are displaying their commitment towards accelerating gender diversity, through their involvement in such programming. Not only is the Emerging Leaders Program geared towards career development and building leadership skills amongst its participants, it also improves retention of key female talent within our industry.” Camilla Sutton, President and CEO of WCM.
One of WCM’s core strategic priorities is to build the pipeline of women at every level in Canadian financial services. The organization runs pertinent programs, ranging from high school students to senior executives; designed to support the professional advancement of women entering into and those already in the industry.
For further information:
Camilla Sutton President & CEO
WCM is the largest network of professional women in the Canadian financial sector and the voice of advocacy for diversity, inclusion and gender equality in our industry. WCM is committed to the advancement of women in business and to increasing the number of women in senior leadership roles in the Canadian economy. We work with our partners, members and the broader public to facilitate initiatives which successfully increase the economic empowerment of women and move the dial on women's representation and impact in the boardrooms and executive suites of corporate Canada.
About Felix Global
Felix Global is a North American talent solutions leader specializing in high-impact Coaching, Career Management & Transition Support, and Team Effectiveness. Driving results for over 30 years, Felix has developed 75,000+ leaders with personalized career coaching and leadership engagements. We keep your people ahead of the curve, helping them thrive in the face of challenges created by rapid change in the constantly evolving workplace. Felix: real people, real results.