We're hiring: Senior Associate - Programs, Events & Committees (Parental Leave)
Job Title: Senior Associate - Programs, Events & Committees (Parental Leave)
Position Type: 13 month contract
Start Date: July 5, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON
Contact: Odette Hutchings, Director Professional Programming and Partners, WCM
Salary: $55 - $65k per year, salary commensurate with experience.
Our mission is to accelerate diversity and equality in Canada’s financial industry. Join a creative, collaborative and engaged team dedicated to making an impact and driving equality in the Canadian economy.
As Senior Associate - Programs, Events & Committees, you’ll be responsible for overseeing and managing two important portfolios.
- Execution of WCM’s programming and events for our professional community, which aim to attract and retain women in finance.
- Managing our volunteer network of finance professionals, who support WCM staff in delivering on WCM’s strategic priorities. This is an opportunity to apply creative and innovative ideas, think strategically, build partnerships and networks and make a tangible impact.
Engagement of professional community through Programs and Events:
- Execute WCM’s programming strategy for professionals across Canada, including idea generation for relevant and innovative future programming that align with WCM’s strategic objectives;
- Increase WCM’s engagement with finance professionals and expand our reach, impact and brand awareness;
- Build strategic relationships with sponsors, industry professionals, course providers and volunteers;
- Ensure current WCM professional programming and event themes are relevant, consistent and at the cusp by keeping a pulse on the industry of gender diversity and professional development;
- Run, from inception to execution, national or virtual professional events;
- Measure ROI and KPIs related to professional programming to evaluate impact.
- Provide leadership to onboard, train and manage national volunteers at both the steering committee level and for individual events and programs;
- Attend and contribute to all regional Steering Committee Meetings;
- Provide support and direction to Steering Committees;
- Recruit volunteers for specific events and programs.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- A passion for gender diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge and work experience in finance
- Experience creating and running development curriculums & programs
- Experience running and executing flawless professional events to high standards
- Experience managing large volunteer groups
- Experience building strategic relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated leadership skills and/or experience leading a team or committee
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism
SKILLS CONSIDERED AN ASSET
- Experience designing and launching digital programming and education
- Previous work experience in capital markets
- Diversity and inclusion knowledge gained through formal education or employment
- Bilingual - French/English
WHAT WE’LL LOVE
- You are very attentive to detail. You’re creative and innovative, but realistic;
- You consistently deliver high-quality work, and are receptive to feedback;
- You’re highly organized, great at managing multiple projects simultaneously, and responsible;
- You’re collaborative, have a “can-do” attitude and are willing to lend a hand to team members when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Rewarding and meaningful work that positively impacts our society;
- Positive company culture;
- Flexibility (work from home options and flexible schedule options);
- We value time off (in addition to vacation, we offer additional days off throughout the year).
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following to [email protected] by May 24, 2021 or sooner:
- Cover letter outlining why you would be the best candidate for the role.
- Reflection questions (500 words or less per question):
1) In your opinion, how do you think we can achieve gender and racial equality, or at least get closer?
2) Do you think COVID-19 has helped or hurt our journey towards gender equality in North America?
Only successful applicants will be contacted for a first-round interview.