Return to Bay Street (RTBS) Relaunches Ten Women into Leadership Positions in Finance
TORONTO | July 29, 2020 - Women in Capital Markets (WCM) is proud to announce the successful candidates of the 2020 Return to Bay Street (RTBS) program. This renowned returnship has retained top talent and relaunched the careers of 73 women in Canadian finance since 2010. It is designed for women who have taken time away from their professional roles or are new to Canada and who are interested in relaunching their careers in finance. By facilitating such programming, WCM and the sponsors of RTBS, are proactively seeking ways that the industry can accelerate diversity.
Congratulations to the successful WCM 2020 RTBS recipients:
• Samantha Amerasinghe, Economist, BMO Capital Markets
• Julia Barsky, Associate, Investment Banking, BMO Capital Markets
• Ruth Burk, Associate, Capital Markets, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
• Josephine Franks, Manager Reporting and Analysis, Corporate Real Estate, Manulife
• Valerie Grimba, Director, Global Equities, RBC Capital Markets
• Madiha Javed, Associate, High Conviction Equities, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
• Maggie Lane, National Manager, Credit Solutions Group, TD Wealth
• Aigul Narzhanova, Vice President, Foreign Exchange Sales, TD Securities
• Nike Omotayo, Business Application Specialist, TD Wealth
• Negar Tabrizi, Director, Debt Capital Markets, Scotiabank GBM
"WCM's sponsors have proved their inspiring commitment and collaboration though their unwavering support of this impactful program. Unlocking top talent, RTBS is a unique program that showcases the many potential career paths women can access within the financial services industry. I am thrilled to recognize all the candidates who participated, as they relaunch their professional careers and wish them the greatest success as they grow their careers in Canadian financial services" said Camilla Sutton, President and CEO of WCM.
Launched in 2010 by WCM and founding sponsor BMO Capital Markets, through funding from their Equity Through Education program, WCM's RTBS Awards program assists talented women with a previous career in capital markets to relaunch a full-time career in Canadian capital markets after an extended period of absence from the industry.
The program includes: a one-day workshop designed to educate women about RTBS and preparation sessions for a to return to the industry, an interviewing skills workshop, and the award component that provides an education grant, a paid work contract at one of the RTBS partner institutions, a mentor and a one-year WCM Membership.
WCM is the largest network of professional women in the Canadian financial sector and the voice of advocacy for diversity, inclusion and gender equality in our industry. WCM is committed to the advancement of women in business and to increasing the number of women in senior leadership roles in the Canadian economy. We work with our partners, members and the broader public to facilitate initiatives which successfully increase the economic empowerment of women and move the dial on women's representation and impact in the boardrooms and executive suites of corporate Canada.
For further information, please contact:
President & CEO, WCM