Opportunity at WCM: Manager of Student Programming & Communications
Job Title: Manager of Student Programming & Communications
Company: Women in Capital Markets (WCM)
Start Date: January / February 2020
Location: Downtown, Toronto.
Reporting line: into the Chief Strategy Officer
Our mission is to accelerate gender diversity in Canada’s financial industry. Come join a creative, collaborative and engaged team dedicated to making an impact and driving gender equality in the Canadian economy.
As Manager of Student Programming and Communications, you’ll be responsible for engaging our student community at the high school and university level and developing and delivering programming across Canada. The ultimate goal of our student programming is to educate, inspire and empower students to pursue careers in finance, to increase the representation of women in STEM and finance careers. On the communications front, you’ll support WCM’s Director of Marketing & Communications with the management of communication channels, digital marketing initiatives and the implementation of WCM’s marketing and brand strategies. This is an opportunity to apply innovative solutions that will yield tangible growth and results, and play a role in transforming the finance industry.
Key Responsibilities – Student Programming
- Develop and execute WCM’s student programming across Canada, including idea generation for relevant and innovative future programming that align with WCM’s strategic objectives;
- Increase WCM’s engagement with the student demographic and expand our reach, impact and brand awareness;
- Relationship building: build strategic relationships on campuses nationally and with student and professional volunteers;
- Leadership opportunity: onboard, train and manage volunteers for the student portfolio;
- Ensure current WCM student programming and event themes are relevant, consistent and at the cusp by keeping a pulse on the industry of gender diversity and professional development;
- Attend Toronto and area student events.
Key Responsibilities – Marketing & Communications
- Support all digital marketing and communications channels, including social, email and website;
- Measure ROI and KPIs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Education, a bachelor’s degree;
- A passion for gender diversity and inclusion;
- Experience creating and running development curriculums & programs, or volunteer groups;
- Experience planning events;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and/or experience leading a team or committee;
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Skills considered an asset (would be ideal if you had at least 3 of these):
- Experience designing and launching digital programming and education;
- Experience managing large volunteer teams;
- Previous work experience in capital markets;
- Diversity and inclusion knowledge gained through formal education or employment;
- Bilingual - French/English.
What We’ll Love
- You're highly organized, great at time-management and responsible;
- You thrive with unstructured work projects;
- You’re proactive and self-motivated;
- You can manage many projects simultaneously;
- You’re collaborative, have a “can-do” attitude and are willing to lend a hand to team members.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Rewarding and meaningful work that positively impacts our society;
- We have great company culture;
- You’ll have some flexibility (work from home options and flexible schedules);
- We value time off (in addition to vacation, we offer additional days off throughout the year);
- We’ve got you covered. Health benefits available after 6-month probation period;
- Find out more of what we do at www.wcm.ca.
How To Apply
- Your resume;
- 500 words on how you meet the required skills, knowledge and competencies;
- 100 words on why working towards more diversity in finance is important for Canada.
- To: [email protected]
- We are a lean organization and accordingly will only respond to those who we are able to interview.
About Women in Capital Markets (WCM)
Women in Capital Markets (WCM) is the largest network of professional women in the Canadian financial sector and is the voice of advocacy for women in our industry. WCM is committed to the advancement of women in the industry and to increasing the number of women in senior leadership roles in the Canadian economy. We work with our partners, members and the broader public to promote initiatives that successfully increase the economic empowerment of women and move the dial on women’s representation in the boardrooms and executive suites of corporate Canada.