Job Posting | Graphic Designer (Part-time, Contract)
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Company: Women in Capital Markets (WCM)
Position Type: Six-month parental leave contract. Possibility to extend. Part-time (negotiable).
Start Date: June/July 2020
Location: Toronto, ON
Contact: Katie Squires-Thompson, CSO, Women in Capital Markets
Our mission is to accelerate gender diversity in Canada’s financial industry. Join a creative, collaborative and engaged team dedicated to making an impact and driving gender equality in the Canadian economy.
This role is a six-month, part-time contract to cover a parental leave, with the potential to renew for an additional six months. As WCM’s Graphic Designer, you’ll be responsible for designing and producing all of WCM’s visual materials, ranging from reports, presentations, assets for web and social, signage, program marketing materials, email marketing and more. You’ll support WCM’s Director of Marketing & Communications with the management of our brand, digital marketing initiatives and the implementation of WCM’s marketing and brand strategies. This is an opportunity to apply your skills and grow your portfolio at a reputable organization with an established brand identity, and to contribute to advancing gender equality in Canada.
• Design and produce all graphic design projects for print and web materials;
• Maintain and articulate WCM’s brand through visual asset creation;
• Develop bold new, emerging designs, enhance existing concepts and present creative ideas aligned with WCM’s vision;
• Support the vision and design of all digital marketing and communications channels, including social, email marketing and website;
• Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while producing high-quality, on brand work;
• Manage and edit existing graphic design files.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Graphic Design diploma or degree (or equivalent);
• Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft PowerPoint;
• Trained eye for detail, colour, typography and layout;
• Well informed in current graphic design trends, typography, etc.;
• Strong understanding of print production requirements;
• Strong sense of branding and understanding of the need for consistency;
• Excellent project management skills, capable of managing multiple high-priority tasks and competing deadlines;
• Flexible with high focus attention to detail;
• A proven track record as a self-starter who is highly organized and committed to honing your skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment and be receptive to creative direction;
• Demonstrated professionalism.
SKILLS CONSIDERED AN ASSET
• Photography, video production and editing;
• HTML knowledge;
• Project management skills;
• RGD membership/affiliation;
• Passion for gender equality;
• Bilingual - French/English.
WHAT WE’LL LOVE:
• You are very attentive to detail. You’re creative and innovative, but also recognize the importance of brand continuity;
• You consistently deliver high-quality work, and are receptive to feedback;
• You’re highly organized, great at managing multiple projects simultaneously, and
• You’re collaborative, have a “can-do” attitude and are willing to lend a hand to team members when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
• Rewarding and meaningful work that positively impacts our society;
• Great company culture;
• Flexibility (work from home options and flexible schedule options);
• We value time off (in addition to vacation, we offer additional days off throughout the year).
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following to [email protected] by May 27, 2020:
• 4-6 samples from your creative portfolio that demonstrates your skills, scope and style.
* Successful applicants will be contacted for a first round interview, and will then be asked to complete a short demo project.
ABOUT WOMEN IN CAPITAL MARKETS (WCM)
Women in Capital Markets (WCM) is the largest network of professional women in the Canadian financial sector and is the voice of advocacy for women in our industry. WCM is the reflection of Canadian financial institutions joining together to collaboratively accelerate gender diversity at an industry level, an approach that is unique to finance. Our focus is on creating solutions for the progression of gender diversity in Canadian finance through advocacy, research, programming and recruitment.