Join our Marketing team!
Job Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Company: Women in Capital Markets (WCM)
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Fully remote
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
Our mission is to accelerate diversity, inclusion and equity in Canada’s financial industry. Join a creative, collaborative and engaged team dedicated to making an impact and advocating for equitable workplaces.
As Director of Marketing and Communications, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the daily social media, email marketing, and website operations for WCM. Strategically, you’ll also be responsible for WCM’s website redesign process. The goal of our marketing platforms is to educate and inspire our audiences to increase their knowledge of equity and inclusion, engage with WCM, promote our initiatives, and advocate for systemic change in finance. This is an opportunity to apply creative and innovative ideas, think strategically and make a tangible impact.
ABOUT WOMEN IN CAPITAL MARKETS (WCM)
WCM is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1995. We execute our mission through:
- Building equity literacy
- Amplifying diverse talent
- Uniting Canada’s finance industry
Our partners include the major Canadian bank-owned dealers, independent and foreign dealers, asset managers, insurance firms, major pension plans, regulatory agencies, exchanges, and advisory firms. Our community of 3,500 professional and student members makes WCM the largest network of professionals in Canadian finance who have come together to vote for increased equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and execute marketing and communications strategies to increase awareness of WCM and attendance to WCM events.
- Assist executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages.
- Develop and execute WCM’s organic and paid social media strategy
- Develop and execute communications plans
- Manage digital marketing and communications channels, including email marketing and website
- Development, roll out and launch of new website
- Partner with PR agency to secure coverage for WCM programs and events
- Collaborate with WCM’s graphic designers providing suggestions concerning graphics
- Supervise and mentor marketing and communications interns.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Marketing or Communications degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Sprout Social or another social media publishing platform with an understanding of social media KPIs and how to measure and report on them
- Experience creating, implementing, tracking, analyzing and optimizing paid social advertising campaigns in Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Stay up to date with new social trends and test on WCM’s channels
- Experience with an email marketing platform, developing email marketing campaigns, and knowledge of email marketing KPIs including CTR, CTOR, List Growth rate, and open rate.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with WordPress
- Strong ability to handle multiple concurrent and time-sensitive priorities
- A passion for and literacy in equity, diversity and inclusion
- Effective project management skills
- Experience building strategic relationships and partnerships
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills
SKILLS CONSIDERED AN ASSET:
- HTML experience
- Experience in pitching media
- Strong experience with GSuite software
- Diversity and inclusion knowledge gained through formal education, experience, or employment
- Bilingual - French/English
WHAT WE’LL LOVE
- You are very attentive to detail. You’re creative and innovative, but also recognize the importance of brand continuity;
- You consistently deliver high-quality work, and are receptive to feedback;
- You’re highly organized, great at managing multiple projects simultaneously, and responsible;
- You’re collaborative, have a “can-do” attitude and are willing to lend a hand to team members when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Rewarding and meaningful work that positively impacts our society;
- Great company culture;
- Flexibility (work from home options and flexible schedule options);
- We value time off (in addition to vacation, we offer additional days off throughout the year).
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following to email@example.com by July 8th, 2022:
- Cover letter outlining why you would be the best candidate for the role, as well as why equity, diversity, and inclusion are important to you.
- Reflection questions (500 words or less per question):
- In your opinion, how do you think we can achieve gender and racial equality, or at least get closer?
- Tell us about an advocacy marketing campaign that you admired. What did you like about it and why was it effective?