We're hiring: Communications & Student Outreach Coordinator (Fall Co-op)
Job Title: Communications & Student Outreach Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time, Co-op
Start Date: September 7, 2021
Deadline: Friday, June 18th, 2021
Contact: Neema Amadala, Director of Marketing and Communications
Our mission is to accelerate equity, diversity, and inclusion in Canada’s financial industry. Join a creative, collaborative and engaged team dedicated to making an impact and advocating for equitable workplaces.
We are looking for a high-energy, self-motivated person with a strong work ethic to join our organization, supporting our external communications and student outreach efforts. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in and passion for communications, marketing, writing, and an interest in EDI. The WCM Communications & Student Outreach Coordinator will assist with communications needs including content creation and development, blog posts and other materials, data measurement, contributing to the development of student programming and more.
- Support various communication strategies in development and execution
- Writing projects including social media, blogs, and email
- Help monitor news coverage and relevant industry trends
- Help orchestrate virtual and in-person events
- Support the delivery, planning and execution of high school and university portfolios
- Assist the WCM team with processes and procedures as needed
Skills and attributes for success:
- A student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Knowledge and understanding of media landscape, basic social media and communications principles
- Strong attention to detail, superior organization skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- Strong writing skills, with an understanding of grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be available to work for a 4-month contract, starting in September 2021
- Be enrolled in a co-op program
WHY YOU’LL LOVE JOINING WCM:
- Rewarding and meaningful work that positively impacts our society;
- Lots of learning opportunities;
- Putting your skills to work;
- Creativity and innovation are key;
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following to [email protected] with "Communications Coordinator" in the subject line:
Browse our website to learn more about our mission and programs.
Apply by Friday, June 18th, 2021
WCM is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1995. Our initiatives aim to amplify diverse talent, build the industry’s equity literacy, and unite firms to drive change on an industry-level. We do this through advocacy, research, programming and recruitment.
Our partners include the major Canadian bank-owned dealers, independent and foreign dealers, asset managers, insurance firms, major pension plans, and advisory firms. Our community of 3,500 professional and student members makes WCM the largest network of professionals in Canadian finance who have come together to vote for increased equity, diversity and inclusion, and our initiatives have impacted the careers of countless students and professionals across the country.
Support our movement towards equity and diversity in finance by joining WCM at wcm.ca/join.