Are you WCM's next Communications and Marketing Coordinator Fall Intern?
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Company: Women in Capital Markets (WCM)
Position Type: Full-time, Contract, Student
Start Date: September 2022 (start date flexible)
Location: Toronto, ON
Our mission is to accelerate diversity, inclusion and equity in Canada’s financial industry. Join a creative and engaged team dedicated to making an impact and advocating for equitable workplaces.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will advance WCM’s brand through content creation on owned and paid channels, and supporting the execution of high-quality virtual events. Reporting to WCM’s Director of Marketing and Communications, the individual will be required to creatively and effectively communicate about WCM with its volunteers, members, and the external public. This is an opportunity to write creatively, contribute innovative ideas, and make a tangible impact.
WCM is the reflection of Canadian financial institutions and professionals uniting to accelerate diversity, inclusion and equity at an industry level. Our strategies and initiatives aim to cultivate a diverse pipeline of talent, increase the industry’s diversity literacy, and encourage a shift towards more inclusive work cultures and management styles. We do this through advocacy, research, programming and recruitment. Our partners include the major Canadian bank-owned dealers, independent and foreign dealers, Canadian asset managers, major pension plans, and advisory firms. Our community of 3,500 professional and student members makes WCM the largest network of professionals in Canadian finance who have come together to vote for increased diversity and inclusion, and our initiatives have impacted the careers of countless students and professionals across the country.
- Assist with development, execution, and analytics of digital marketing programs (web, social media and email marketing);
- Support communications and event logistics;
- Provide administrative and membership support to the WCM team as needed.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Passion and drive for a career in Marketing, Communications and/or events
- A general understanding of different aspects of marketing (digital marketing, events, internal and external communications, sponsorships)
- Be able to prioritize day-to-day decisions and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with different personalities
- Have strong project management skills
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be proficient in Google Suite and have a basic understanding of Excel
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pursuing education in the fields of Marketing, Communications or Business
- Have and contribute a point of view on diversity, equity and inclusion
To qualify for this role, you must be:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Available to work for a 4-month contract, starting in September
- Currently enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution
WHY YOU’LL LOVE JOINING WCM:
- Rewarding and meaningful work that positively impacts our society;
- Lots of learning opportunities;
- Putting your skills to work;
- Creativity and innovation are key
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Communications and Marketing Coordinator" in the subject line:
- Your resume
- Tell us about a marketing campaign that you admired. What did you like about it and why was it effective? (250 words or less)
Visit wcm.ca to learn more about our mission and programs.
Apply by July 15, 2022