WCM is hiring an Administrative Assistant!
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Company: WCM (Women in Capital Markets)
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: November 2021 (start date flexible)
Location: Remote (EDT or PDT time zone preferred)
Our mission is to accelerate diversity and equality in Canada’s financial industry. Join a creative, collaborative and engaged team dedicated to making an impact and driving equity in the Canadian economy.
WCM is looking for an Administrative Assistant who can provide support on a range of activities to ensure the smooth operation of the organization.
What you will do:
- Efficiently manage and promptly respond to all incoming enquiries/requests to the [email protected] inbox for information independently or re-direct to the appropriate person
- General Administrative Support
- Act as point of contact with outsourced IT team for all updates and onboarding of new hires
- Manage scheduling of interviews and email communications for interns
- Monitoring of general phone line
- Manage board portal
- Manage insurance policies
- Liaise with co-working space
- Order office supplies
- Website Duties
- Maintenance and updates to pages including Steering Committees, Chapter pages
- Updates to member list on 30% Club site
- Daily management of WCM's job board including approval and payment processing
- Events & Programming
- Proactive and independent management of events calendar. Ensuring all virtual details are included and accurate
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, video conferences, live meetings, and organize required materials including agenda
- Maintain proficiency with software applications/programs as required (ie. G-Suite [Docs, Sheets, Slides], Excel, Basecamp, etc.)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient in G-suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Sheets)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- College, Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Skills considered an asset
- Previous work experience in capital markets
- Diversity and inclusion knowledge gained through formal education or employment
- Bilingual - French/English
WHAT WE’LL LOVE
- You are very attentive to detail. You’re creative and innovative, but realistic
- You consistently deliver high-quality work, and are receptive to feedback
- You’re highly organized, great at managing multiple projects simultaneously, and responsible
- You’re collaborative, have a “can-do” attitude and are willing to lend a hand to team members when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Rewarding and meaningful work that positively impacts our society;
- Positive company culture;
- Flexibility (work from home options and flexible schedule options);
- We value time off (in addition to vacation, we offer additional days off throughout the year).
HOW TO APPLY
Send the following to [email protected] with "Administrative Assistant" in the subject line by October 29th or sooner:
- Cover letter outlining why you would be the best candidate for the role.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for a first-round interview.
WCM is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1995. Our initiatives aim to amplify diverse talent, build the industry’s equity literacy, and unite firms to drive change on an industry level. We do this through advocacy, research, programming and recruitment.
Our partners include the major Canadian bank-owned dealers, independent and foreign dealers, asset managers, insurance firms, major pension plans, and advisory firms. Our community of 3,500 professional and student members makes WCM the largest network of professionals in Canadian finance who have come together to vote for increased equity, diversity and inclusion, and our initiatives have impacted the careers of countless students and professionals across the country.
Support our movement towards equity and diversity in finance by joining WCM at wcm.ca/join.