WCM Announces the 2020 Champions of Change
Women in Capital Markets (WCM), a national not-for-profit, that accelerates diversity in Canadian finance, today recognizes the 18 corporate leaders who are the recipients of the 2020 Champions of Change Award. This award recognizes excellence in leadership, commitment and creativity in advancing equality in the Canadian finance industry.
These Champions of Change are typically recognized and celebrated at WCM's annual Gala, that brings together 800 of the most senior leaders in finance to celebrate progress towards diversity, however in 2020 they will be recognized through WCM's digital platforms and then in person at Gala in the spring of 2021.
WCM's 2020 Champions of Change:
- Jeffrey Allsop, EVP, Head of Global Banking at HSBC Bank Canada & CEO and Chairman of HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc.
- Erica Benjamin, Chief Administrative Officer, BMO Capital Markets
- Marta Cano, MD and Head, Canada and LATAM Notes Business Development, Scotiabank GBM
- Lisa Deakin, Head, Global Markets Corporate Sales, Western Canada, HSBC Bank Canada
- Laurent Ferreira, EVP, Co-Head, Financial Markets, Member of the Office of the President, National Bank Financial
- Derek Flood, Global Head of Equity Sales & Head of Canadian Equities, RBC Capital Markets
- Darrel Hackett, Head, US Wealth Management, BMO Bank of Montreal
- Ziad Hindo, Executive Managing Director & Chief Investment Officer, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Melissa Li, MD & Head, Private Capital Group, Global Investment Banking, CIBC Capital Markets
- Sean Mann, MD and Head, Securitization Global Markets, CIBC Capital Markets
- Aliyah Mohamed, MD, Investment Banking (Real Estate), TD Securities
- Marjorie Nadeau, MD, Risk Management Solutions, National Bank
- Anita Stefan, Global Head, Business Services, Global Markets, RBC Capital Markets
- Paul O'Hea, MD, Head Global Equity Sales and Trading, Scotiabank
- Robbie Pryde, Vice Chair and Head of Corporate and Investment Banking, TD Securities
- Svetlana Radan, VP Finance, Manulife
- Beth Tyndall, Chief People Officer, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Christopher Walker, Chief Compliance Officer, Wealth and Asset Management, Manulife
“This year WCM celebrates its 25-year anniversary. As part of that, we are thrilled to announce these true Champions of Change who are essential driving forces in leading the acceleration of gender equality in our industry. With leadership values set toward building inclusive and equal workplaces, they are making sustainable changes for Canadian finance.” - comments Camilla Sutton, WCM President and CEO.
Women in Capital Markets (WCM) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1995. Women in Capital Markets (WCM) is the reflection of Canadian financial institutions and professionals uniting to accelerate gender equality at an industry level. We create solutions to propel equality through strategies and initiatives that grow the pipeline of women, build the industry’s knowledge of diversity and equality, and encourage a shift towards more inclusive work cultures and management styles. Our focus is on creating solutions for the progression of equality in Canadian finance through advocacy, research, programming and recruitment.
For additional information, please email us at email@example.com.